Bloodborne Pathogens Training
BBP Certification is committed to providing body artists with a comprehensive online Bloodborne Pathogen training course that is compliant with all OSHA standards. This course is engaging, affordable, accessible, and designed specifically for the tattoo and piercing industry.
Online Training For All Body Artists
In this training course, body artists gain a clear understanding of bloodborne pathogens and the practices that will protect both the body artist and their clients from infection.
After completing this course participants should be able to:
Bloodborne Pathogens for Body Artists
The purpose of this training is to educate body art practitioners about the risk and protective factors of occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens. This 2 hours course fulfills California Body Art Act and OSHA’s Initial and Annual bloodborne pathogens training requirements which is mandatory in many states, and a requirement to work at most body art establishments.
- Identify common bloodborne pathogens, their paths of transmissions, and symptoms of the disease
- Know what an exposure control plan is, what it contains, and where it is located
- Recognize tasks that may lead to exposure of bloodborne pathogens and measures to take for protection
- Take the appropriate steps to take following an exposure incident
- Learn simple safety measures in the workplace
- Explain the color coding and symbols used for biohazards
- Understand the basics of infection control
- Raise overall awareness of known issues in the Body Art Industry
Topics to be covered
- Safe Body Art Act
- What are bloodborne pathogens
- Exposure Controls
- Universal Precautions
- In The Event Of An Exposure
- Decontamination and Sterilization
Bloodborne Pathogens training is a course that is compliant with all OSHA standards. In this course, body artists gain a clear understanding of bloodborne pathogens and the practices that will protect both the body artist and their clients from infection.
This course may or may not be required for body artists in your location, but the information contained in this course is beneficial for all body artists.